They do not meet regularly but in a typical year usually provide:
- a trip to a local pantomime in January;
- a chance to perform in a “homegrown” pantomime in March (a highlight of the year for the whole Village);
- a family camping weekend/ activity day in the locality in June;
- a race and barbecue event in September following the Village Flower Show;
- a Movie Night in December.
- Wendy Hague – Chair: 023 80814449
- Miranda – Vice Chair: 023 80812151
- Elaine Barriball – Secretary: 023 80811536 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jo Instrall – Treasurer : 02380 813622
JM Panto 2016 – Constellation Wars
You can watch this years panto now via YouTube here.
JM Panto 2015 – Dracula: The Vampire that bites back!
The talented children of Junior Minstead, ranging in age from 3 to 15 years old put a “Spooktacular” pantomime, with their gothic slapstick take of:
Dracula – The Vampire that Bites Back – It’s a Thriller!
After 3 months of rehearsals, the children put on two “fangtastic” performances. On each night the group also held a raffle for their nominated Charities.
This year the group raised £154.00 for the Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance and £206.00 for Help the Heroes.
Wendy Hague, Chair of the group, said we are a small village self-help group, which has been running for over 38 years now. We have always supported both National and Local Charities over the years.
Neil Bowen, volunteer from Help for Heroes and Toby Hazan, volunteer from the Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance accepted the cheques on their charities behalf from the group on Tuesday 12th May.
Both gentlemen thanked all the children and adult helper’s for their efforts and for choosing their respective charities. They also spoke to the children about the important work both charities do.
The support received from the community and in particular from our younger fundraisers, is very important to us and much appreciated stated Toby Hazan from the HIOW Air Ambulance, if it wasn’t for the support and help from groups like Junior Minstead , the charities wouldn’t operate……as ever penny counts!