Set within the heart of the New Forest National Park, Minstead is enjoyed by residents and visitors alike for its beautiful landscape, fantastic walking and cycling, as well as its excellent local amenities such as its pubs, church and gardens.
The Parish Council consider that PCSO Richard Williams should be nominated and strongly recommended for the “Bobby on the Beat” award. We would also like to motivate and encourage our community to nominate him.
If you agree or have nominations for the other categories Community Volunteer of the Year and Safer Superhero, please follow this link to put forward your nomination by 28th February: www.hampshire-pcc.gov.uk/awards
Bobby on the Beat Award – Neighbourhood Policing Team officers who work with colleagues, partners and the local community to provide sustainable solutions to local problems and are seen by the community, and their team, as an essential element in the life of the neighbourhood – working in partnership with local people to make the community safer and stronger.
Community Volunteer of the Year – A member of the public who volunteers in their local community to help to keep people safer. This can be a formal volunteer role with an organisation or a person who volunteers on their own to help others e.g. helps an elderly neighbour maintain their garden and house which can help to prevent them from being identified as vulnerable by others.
Safer Superhero – A young person who has shown bravery, courage or kindness to keep someone safer. This can be a young person, up to the age of 16 years old, who has helped someone else to be safer. For example, it could be that they care for another family member, have helped someone who has been affected by crime or have shown an act of kindness.
Dealing with Deer Incidents
Accidents involving Deer are unfortunately very common around the New Forest and Minstead in particular. We have large numbers of Roe, Fallow and we are fortunate to have Muntjac and the occasional Red.
It can be difficult to know who to contact in the event of a Deer accident. NPA have published this flow chart to help determine who best to contact.
Other useful information on our website
This website is intended to be a living resource for our community that is contributed to by lots of people to become an informative, intuitive and compelling destination for residents to use regularly. Please bookmark this site now or add it to your shortcuts bar for future use.
Here is a quick tour of a few of the useful features that we’ve incorporated into the site:
- Works on your phone – try putting minstead.org.uk into your phone or tablet. It should work well.
- All the latest events – all village events will now be added to the site on both an event list and event calendar. If you’d like to be able to add local events directly for your organisation please contact us.
- All the latest news – we hope village members will contribute write-ups and photos of village events for the News page. Note also the eNewsletter and copies of the Minstead Mail are now available on the site.
- Information about the various Organisations and Amenities that support our community as well as advice on some special aspects of Living in Minstead.
- Photos – if you have any great photos of Minstead or surrounding area we’d love to add them to our Gallery. Please send them via the Contact Us page.
This site is primarily the initiative of the Parish Council and is managed by volunteers. It is built for the community, by the community, to support & inform site visitors. If you have suggestions for how we can improve it or spot any issues please let us know via the Contact Us page.