ll Saints History
In the 12th century a Norman Church was built and various additions have since been made. Although the present church building is not mentioned before 1272, the list of Rectors dates from 1279 and parts of the church are definitely of an earlier period. The 17th century three decker pulpit is one of the most interesting features in the church. The lowest ‘deck’ was used by the Parish Clerk and was entered from the Nave, where he sat and was responsible for saying the ‘Amens’. The Parish Clerk today is responsible for the maintenance of the Parochial Registers of Births, Marriages and Deaths, but is no longer required to participate in services. The middle and top levels were entered from the Chancel and were used respectively for the reading of the Scriptures and Preaching of the Sermon, as they are today. This type of pulpit is very rare and few examples exist. The Font is possibly Saxon. In 1893 Henry James Abbott, who was doing some gardening, dug it up in the Old Rectory garden. He wheeled it up to the Church in his wheelbarrow and it was placed where it belonged.
All Saints today
All Saints Church is part of the United Benefice of Lyndhurst, Emery Down and Minstead.
- Rector: Revd Dr James Bruce (023 8028 2154)
- Mrs Isabel Yeo (023 8028 2724) email Isabel@yeo-family.org.uk
- Dr Liz Randall (023 8081 1115) email email@example.com
To get in touch with Minstead Parochial Church Council please contact the Parishes Office via firstname.lastname@example.org (023 8028 2154).
- St Alban's Cathedral Chamber Choir - 24/06/2017 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm